Hey there! It is finally starting to feel like spring. Warmer temps and sunny skies here in PA make me want to sit outside and sip something frozen and yummy.It is almost time to celebrate Cinco De Mayo and I started to think about all the delicious things. Fried ice cream, churros…. you know, dessert!! I was so inspired by cheesecake bars I made that I decided I could alter the recipe to include cinnamon yummy goodness. Cinnamon Oreo Cheesecake bars!
These are super easy and not time consuming, with the exception of baking time.
** I used Cinnamon Bun Oreos, but you could easliy substitute cinnamon graham snack cookies too**
- For Crust:
- 24 Cinnamon Bun Oreos
- ¼ cup margarine, melted
- For Filling:
- 3 - 8oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 12 Cinnamon Bun Oreos, broken in pieces
- ⅓ cup Hershey's Cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 9X9 baking pan with foil or parchment paper, making sure to allow extra for handles to remove from pan after baking.
- Using a food processor, add the 24 oreos to create fine crumbs. (You can also smash with a rolling pin with Oreos in ziploc bag) In a medium bowl, mix melted margarine and oreo crumbs until all are wet. Press into bottom of foil lined pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove to cooling rack; leave oven on.
- With an electric mixer, blend softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and sour cream until well blended. Blend in eggs, one at a time until each is blended. Add cinnamon. Fold in crushed oreos and cinnamon chips. Pour mixture on top of crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 mins or until edges are set. Remove from oven and cool on rack, in pan for one hour. Remove with foil handles to cooling rack and cool for an additional hour.
- Place back in pan, cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from pan and slice into 2X2 pieces. Makes about 36. Keep chilled until serving.
I also have to say a big huge THANK YOU to my co-workers at my regular 9-5 job. We got to spend the day together in person (it only happens once a year) and they taste tested them for you. I got the thumbs up. Thank you sweet ladies – for your encouragement to write and your taste buds! XO.
Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over
You may also like these recipes for dessert!! Check them out!